Thursday, October 27, 2011

Agents of Socialization

                    Although I am affected by my religion, school, neighborhood and media, my friends and family have the greatest impact on me. I am with my friends and family 24/7, so everything they say and do sticks in my brain. I hang out with my friends every weekend so we do the same activities, and go to the same places. Since I am around my friends and family so much, their bad habits and points of view influence mine. When I see them doing something repetitively, I take after them. For example, I had never tried ice coffee before I met my group of friends. After all of our Starbucks runs, I finally tried it and liked it. I wouldn't have tried ice coffee if it weren't for my friends. My families specific traditions have shaped who I am today. We have family dinners every Sunday, family gatherings every month, and celebrate the same holidays each year. I would be a totally different person if I was born into a different family, in a different town, and had different friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment